Monday, February 22, 2010

My hobby


When I was first started to leap into the computer age ( face book and my blog) I was having great difficulty coming up with a hobby. Currently I have no hobby. I have lots of unfinished projects. I love to scrapbook, garden and even cooking. But the idea of having time for those things doesn't really seem possible. I guess my current hobby is laundry.
When I was younger Horses were my hobby. Anyone who knew me then would say they were my obsession. Riding and competing horses kept me grounded and out of trouble. With out them I would be nothing. Flair, Sunny, penny, Hope, Shannon and Nick were my buddies. They came into my life when certain lessons needed to be taught.
The lessons stay with me today. They were my teachers. So as I started to sort Thur Landry I wondered what can my current hobby of laundry teach me? This is what I came up with.....
1. Handel your life with care. ( dry cleaning)
2. There is a time to sort and a time to cry. ( sorting takes time but then you can wash)
3. One thing at a time. ( one item of clothing at a time.)
4. Spots usually fade with time. ( and with spray-n-wash)
5.Smooth and apologize for mistakes. ( fold right away to avoid wrinkles.)
6.Community will help you in your endeavors ( have the boys help you put away there clothes)
7.If you want something done right, do it yourself. ( putting away clothes in the right spots.)
I decided its hard to find life lessons in a pile of dirty clothes. But, I can always find some way to be thankful for the dirty clothes.
I am thankful that my boys had these clothes to wear. I am thankful for the spots that were created from play and food. I am thankful that these clothes were worn by crazy, loud, boys who give a ton of love everyday. I am thankful for my large capacity Maytag washer and dryer.!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment