Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day??????


Its 9:00pm on mothers day. I am getting ready to eat Taco Bell for dinner. All I can think of "thank god its over."
I remember my first mothers day. I stood with pride at Church as our minster asked all new mothers to stand . As I held my little Cooper I thought there is nothing better.
Mothers day has become my most favorite day. My birthday pales in comparison. By the time my birthday roles around we are broke and sick of birthday cake. OK, we are broke...you get the ideal.
I have precious gifts that my children have made me during the years. They are little trophies that measure each milestone in my boys lives. The dear teachers who helped them make these great treasures also have a special place in my heart.
A few years ago My mom and I started to go the coast for 2 nights. Once there we eat great food, drink lots of wine, read, shop and watch what we want to watch. I love this time because I get to be with my mom. My mom is a kick and she makes me laugh.She has a wicked sense of humor that I get to enjoy without the intrusion of my lovely, stinky boys.Its pure bliss.
This year we decided to stay home. Sparky started a new job and I have been trying to pick up extra shifts. We are also trying to get out of debut. We opted for a mothers day brunch.( my suggestion).
We were in a small room without enough room to push out a chair without hitting into another poor mother. They were short staffed, it was hot. The food wasn't that great. The boys couldn't sit still and complained the whole time. They decided to go on a food strike and only eat bacon. Sparky made numerous trips to the buffet. This left me to corral the kids. I released them to the outside. Before to long Cooper stared complaining and fighting with Sparky. Sparky was determined to make his point as was Cooper. I ended up in the middle and held my hand up to walk away from both of them. They continued their fighting in the car. Finally my mom scolded all of them causing a uncomfortable silence on the drive back home. The best part of my day was the nap that followed.As I started to prepare dinner I thought " why am I cooking?" Hence my Taco Bell dinner.
I guess I am upset because I wanted one day to be about me. My needs, comforts and wants. My mom and I made a pack to continue our mothers day trip to the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment