Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Amazing Grace

Grace is something that I am void of. Nothing about me is graceful. From the way I walk to the way I talk. When I was little I took ballet classes, my teacher thought I was more suited to tap dancing.
I have had the incredible joy of meeting people who know what grace is. The parents and kids who fight cancer and brain tumors have given me the meaning of grace. These individuals often come to the other side with nothing left. They spend years fighting insurance companies, educating themselves on blood counts and the newest treatments, they hold their children down while painful treatments are given and hold them after soothing the hurt away. They hold on to their faith and put their hopes on the doctors that treat them. Sometimes the battle is won but the expense is harsh. Medications, learning disabilities , broken marriages and money woes. Not to mention the nightmares that siblings endure.
The defeat is even worse. Beyond mans capability of understanding. Saying goodbye to a child is something no parent should face. After reading a post from a parent who's son at 22yrs of age is losing his battle. The fight started when he was 4years of age. She is thankful that they have this time together. She called it a gift. She even called the East snowstorm a gift because they had visitors longer. After reading her post all I could think of was Amazing Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment